Friday, July 10, 2009

Comfort in the midst of a storm

Have you ever lost someone that had your heart? Maybe a friend, parent or child. What do you do when you are left without their touch? Yesterday I was asked to share my experience of losing my mother when I was 12 years old. As I sat and listened to the events that happened to others. I could hear the pain of their lost. But it was not a sad occasion but it was a release. As I sat there God spoke to my heart a scripture. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. John 16:7 The disciples were about to face life without their Master Jesus. They loved Jesus but He had to leave so that the Comforter could come to them. In the midst of their lost God sent them a Comforter. God refuses to leave us comfortless in the midst of trials and sorrow. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18 You see God comfort is evident in our lost. Sorrow and grief comes but when we confess our hearts to God He sends His comfort into our lives and we are empowered by His presence.

24But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. 26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God. John 20:24-28

When Jesus rose from the grave Thomas did not believe that it happened. He said he would not believe unless he touch the wounds in his hands. When Jesus appeared to him Jesus said touch my wounds and scars and after Thomas touched him He glorifed God. Our wounds are there for unbelievers to see Christ. When they touch our wounds they are touching Christ. We are new in Christ. Old things have passed away and all things have become new. So as we yield our lives to God He transforms us into His image and the pain of the wounds is gone and It can now comfort those that are in the midst of a storm. We all have experienced pain but I pray that we turn our hearts to Christ that He can use our situations to bless someone else. God bless you.

www.pwpublish.com
www.hstc.pwpublish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment